Monday, February 23, 2015

The Girl With A Love For Softball and Goldfish

Marissa Medrano is a 14 year old girl that was born in Hermiston Oregon, who plays softball in Washington and and loves it very much. She lives in Pendleton, Oregon only few minutes away from where she was born. Marissa says she wants to make varsity & play shortstop in her future of softball.  She also added that she loves goldfish crackers maybe a little too much. Marissa plays 3 sports, volleyball, softball, and basketball. She says that even though she’s on A team for school basketball that softball is actually her strongest sport. Marissa has been playing basketball since about fifth grade. This year she also did AAU. She answered “wing and guard” when I asked her what position she personally thinks she’s best at.


I was interested in how Marissa prepares for a game, she said “I don’t really know honestly, I just think about how I’m going to play. then laughed and said “but maybe I’ll work on a strategy now that you said”  I asked Marissa what she thinks she could improve on in basketball and she said she could improve on her shooting because she says shes not the greatest at it because she’s short. Marissa told me “most times our team works very well together but when we don’t talk we play really bad, which we could work on somewhat this season.”

When I asked Marissa how far she wants to go in basketball she said she is probably only going to play until sophomore year. I was told she is going to get there by striving to do her best and focusing some more. Overall Marissa says her favorite athlete in basketball is shone, because  she has made it far for someone that is from this area. Interviewing marissa was a fun experience I learned a lot about basketball and Marissa. Before this interview I didn't know all too much about either. I learned that if you try your hardest and never give up eventually you will attain your goal. But you can still have fun while doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment