Monday, February 23, 2015

The Bucket List for Me

Everyone has one, and they all want them to be amazing. A Bucket List. Everyone has a bucket list, it is a physical or mental list that you make for yourself before you “kick the bucket”. There are a variety of things on a bucket list. Small things such as getting in college to getting through high school can be on your bucket list. Although there are the really eccentric and fun ones such as Climb Mt. Everest , see northern lights, go skydiving, or travel around the entire world. Some things on my bucket list though are different and also most likely the same as some people. On my bucket list is that I would like to meet David Tennant, go see the Northern Lights, write a book, see the Greek temples in Greece, go hiking all around the world and even more.
Link to Photo
The main thing on my bucket list is to go see The Northern Lights. As a famous Disney character said, “The cold never bothered me anyways”. I have always enjoyed the snow and awestruck beauty of Winter. The Northern Lights have always been a site worth seeing to me. The reason I have always wanted to see them was because in pictures the colors and beauty were amazing, so in person I believe they would be even more beautiful.
The best time to go is between September and mid-April, that is the time you will be able to spot the Lights the most in Norway. The best time to see them during the day is between 5pm and 2am. The trip itself will cost $1,689.89 but with an additional $1,551 for airfare. The trip would cost 1,497 in euros but sadly I don’t have any euros at beck and call. The trips duration would be seven nights. I would want an entire week to go because then I would be able to have many opportunities to see the Northern Lights. Of course there are many other things I could do in Norway and I could mark down the hike around the world by hiking in Norway. I plan to accomplish this right after graduating high school. The Northern Lights are something I would like to mark off my list soon and hopefully I will be able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment