Monday, February 23, 2015

Basket Girl

Basketball is a sport where two teams go against each other with a ball to make it to the opponent's basket. Some people hate it, some people love it, and others play it for the fun of it. But for Ashlynn, she loves playing because it’s fun and she can be with her friends. Ashlynn Madril is a 7th grader who plays basketball for the 7th grade girls A team. She’s been playing basketball for 6 years, and played on a AAU team. I decided to interview her because I think she is a great basketball player, and I thought it would be fun to learn more about her.
Ashlynn decided to play basketball because she thought it was exciting, and she’s good at it. “It’s fun. I have been playing it for a while, so I’m good at it”. Her favorite thing about basketball is being able to hang out with her friends so she can have a good time, and also to be able to play. She didn't have to work hard to make it to A team, since she had been playing on a AAU team, so she was in shape and already warmed up. She gets along with her teammates since she has been playing with them for a long time, and she knows them pretty well.
Something that Ashlynn thinks she needs to improve on is rebounding, and passing out the ball, like accidentally throwing the ball out of bounds, and not making it to her teammate. Something that she wants to change about her basketball team is that she wants more people to understand what they do in plays, and she hopes her teammates can remember the names of plays and techniques that they practice.

I asked Ashlynn if basketball is something that she wants do for a long time, and she answered with,” Yeah because playing basketball is really fun, and I love playing and spending time with my friends, and of course, winning.” Her favorite game is when her team went against Dallas, and won 41 to 16. She loves it when her teammates all work as a team, and win the game. She’s glad that she choose to play basketball, because it’s healthy, fun and she enjoys playing. In the end,  I learned a lot about Ashlynn and what she really likes to do, and I’m glad I got to interview her. Basketball isn’t something I would like to play as a sport, but I like watching it and cheering on my friends, like Ashlynn. In the end, I’d like to thank Ashlynn for letting me interview her, and I hope I can see her play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment